Our womens ministry exists to help women at Cross of Grace disciple, and be discipled by, other women.
The ministry serves women in two main ways:
- First, we provide corporate events to gather and equip all the ladies at the church. We usually hold a major corporate gathering every winter, spring and fall with a few smaller events sprinkled in. These include our Annual Women's Winter Brunch in January, a special women's event in the spring and our annual Coffee Kickoff Event in the fall.
- Second, we facilitate small group Bible studies among the women at the church. These usually run during our Community Group semesters in the fall and spring and are held in various locations around town.
Here's what we have coming us this fall:
Around the Table Event - Saturday, October 13 from 9:00-11:00am
Join us at our very first “Around the Table” event. Living in Grace – Under One God, in One Familywill be the focus of our time together. We’ll start our morning together with some good food, a brief teaching from Ephesians 4 and then we’ll let Paul’s wisdom guide us as we dig into the Word. The event is open to all women, so invite a friend. Childcare will be provided. Deadline to sign up for childcare is Sunday, October 7. Sign up at the Information Table or through the event listing.
Bunko Night - Friday, November 9 from 7:00-9:00pm
Join us for a night of fun and laughter at our Bunko Night! Cost is a suggested donation of $5 that will be used to put together Christmas gift baskets that will be delivered by our very own Neighborhood Outreach Team. What’s Bunko? It is a dice game that is super easy to learn. If you can roll dice and count, then you can play! The game requires lots of changing tables and teammates, so you’ll get to meet different people throughout the night! Come and have some fun!
Fall Book Studies - This semester we'll be using Gloria Furman's book, Alive in Him, as we study the book of Ephesians. Learn how being embraced by the love of Christ changes everything! Studies start the week of September 17 and run through early November. Below is a list of our all our groups. To get connected to a group, visit the Information Table on Sunday or email Becky Gayle at email@example.com.
Barr -Tuesday evenings at 6:30pm
Christiansen - Wednesday afternoons at 1:00pm
Lozano - Thursday evenings at 7:00pm
Lewis - Saturday evenings at 6:00pm
Alcantar - Thursday evenings at 7:00pm
Rueda - Tuesday mornings at 9:30am
Wilkins - Thursday mornings at 10:00am
Wapiennik - Thursday evenings at 6:30pm
Bennett - Sunday mornings 2nd service at 11:00am
Alternate study on the book of Acts on the Eastside
Jaquez - Saturday mornings at 8:00am
Here's a map of our groups:
Saturday, October 13 - Women's Round Table Discussion - More information to follow!
Friday, November 9 - Women's Fun Event - More information to follow!
For those who missed or were not able to attend our very first Spirit LED Talk, we missed you! But there's good news! We have posted the audio recordings from the event on our Sermons page!
Also, here are the 5 Questions Dr. Tim Keller asks of a biblical text as he reads it for himself that we mentioned during our Talk.
- How can I praise him?
- How can I confess my sins on the basis of this text?
- If this is really true, what wrong behavior, what harmful emotions or false attitudes result in me when I forget this? Every problem is because you have forgotten something. What problems are you facing?
- What should I be aspiring to on the basis of this text?
- Why is God telling me this today?
Great News! Pastor Ricky's teaching from our women's seminar on biblical womanhood is available to listen or download on our sermons page. Everything we believe and do as a Women's ministry builds off of this foundational teaching so if you weren't able to attend or need help understanding how women uniquely display the image of God, we invite you to check it out!
Have further questions about our Women's Ministry? Send us an email!