"For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them..." Romans 12:4-6
We want to see each member of the body of Christ using their gifts to serve the body. Here are just a few ways you can get started serving our church and who to get in touch with.
- Children’s Ministry: Serve as teachers or helpers with Babies-6th Grade. (Background check and training in specific policies is mandatory). Leader: Teresa Filyes
- Coffee & Donuts: Set up donuts and prepare coffee before service as well as clean up after the service. Leader: Tom Wilkins
- Connect Time: Help in the setting up, serving, hosting, and clean up of our Connect Time between services. Leaders: Larry and Marian Lumpkin
- Greeters: Greet folks as they walk in, hand out bulletins, and help them get oriented. Leaders: Lisa Wilkins
- Information Table*: Provide information about the church and help people get connected to CGs and activities. Leader: Becky Gayle
- Ushers: Duties include light setup, offering collection, the distribution of communion, and ensuring everyone has a place to sit. Ushers also assist other ministries as needed in setting up and tearing down for functions. Leader: Dylan Garis
- Prayer Team*: Prays for individual people with needs on Sunday mornings. Others on the team do intercessory prayer for church prayer needs. Leader: Joe Alcantar
- Overhead Team*: Works with the Worship Team in running announcements, music and sermon slides during the service. Leader: AJ Hill
- Sound Team*: Responsible for setting up the sound and lights on the stage, as well as recording the sermon. Leader: Joel Barr
- Worship Team*: Welcomes musicians and singers to lead the congregation in worship. If interested, please complete the Worship Team Application. Completed applications should be returned to Jon Vogan, Worship Team Leader.
* Volunteers must be members of Cross of Grace Church or pursuing membership.
Other Ministries and Teams:
- Neighborhood Outreach Team: Seeks to get to know and serve the neighbors who live right around the church by doing practical needs projects, building relationships, and sharing the hope we have in Christ. Meets every first Saturday of the month at the church at 10am. Leader: Jonathan Matthews
- Creative Design Team: Responsible for the decorating of our church throughout the year. Manual labor needed as well. Leader: Jenn Rodriguez
- Special Events: Coordinates, prepares and set-ups for various events throughout the year. Leader: Becky Shindo
- Special Events Childcare: Provides childcare for church-sponsored special events throughout the year. Workers must be 18 years of age, have an approved background check at the church and serve in our Kids Ministry. This is a paid position. Leader: Teresa Filyes
- VBS: Weeklong summer outreach for kids in 1st-6th Grade Leader: Janel Barr
If you're not sure where to start or would like help getting connected to any of the above ministries or teams, please stop by the Information Table on Sunday or get in touch with our church office at email@example.com or (915) 562-7100.