Joining Jesus in the Harvest - More Resources
Last Sunday guest preacher Ian McConnell brought a powerful word from Matthew 9 inviting us to see our city the way Jesus sees our city. As we see what Jesus sees we'll feel what Jesus feels and do what Jesus does. [Download the message here]
But what's the next step we're supposed to take in our individual lives? How do we join Jesus' work in El Paso? How can we walk this out in our community groups?
Here are some resources Ian wanted to pass along as recommendations to check out and study further.
- Jesus' Vision for the Church Series: Ian preaches on how the early church followed Jesus to mature and multiply disciples in Acts 2. Using the concept of "missional rhythms" Ian explores what things marked the early church and should mark our churches today.
- Everyday Church by Tim Chester & Steve Timmis: These two pastors explore 1 Peter and show us that mission and ministry are to be part of the everyday stuff of life.
- A Meal with Jesus by Tim Chester: Hospitality is crucial and often overlooked in both is biblical importance and missional importance. Get a window into how and why we should practice biblical hospitality.
- Saturate by Jeff Vanderstelt: A good overview of how our identity in Christ should lead to us living on mission in everyday life.
- The Story of Grace City in Urban Philadelphia: Ian shares how he replanted Grace City Church in urban Philadelphia.
Lets grab hold of our mission and get equipped to join Jesus in the harvest.