Give Me Life - a new sermon & study series
When you think about reading the Bible, what's your honest reaction? Discouragement? Confusion? Obligation?
This is David's reaction: "Give me life in your ways!" (Ps 119:37)
What to Expect
This Sunday we'll be starting a preaching and study series on finding life in the pages of Scripture. If you're new to your Bible we pray it encourages you with practical help in how to read your Bible. If you've tried reading but find yourself inconsistent or discouraged we pray it will spur you on to regular study. And if you've walked with the Bible for many years we pray God will give you new life and new insights as we study together.
This series will be unique because you, friends, will be teaching more than half of it! By that I mean that half of the passages we'll study in Psalm 119 are being assigned to personal or small group study. Our hope is that each week you'll dive into God's word yourself.
- July 5 - Preaching (Jon Vogan): Psalm 119:1-8
- July 6-11 Personal/Group Study: Psalm 119:9-16
- July 12 Preaching (Ricky Alcantar): Exodus 20:15,17
- July 13-18 Personal/Group Study: Psalm 119:17-24
- July 19 Preaching (Ricky Alcantar): Psalm 119:25-32
- July 20-25 Personal/Group Study: Psalm 119:33-48
- July 26 Guest Preacher: Ian McConnell
- July 27-Aug 1 Personal/Group Study: Psalm 119:49-64
- August 2 Preaching (TBA): Psalm 119:65-72
- August 3-8 Personal Study: Psalm 119:73-80
- August 9 - Preaching (TBA): Psalm 119:81-88
- August 10-15 Personal Study: Psalm 119:89-96
Each week you'll find study guides available on our CG Resources Page so check back each week.
The Bible is Window
Our earnest hope is that over the next few weeks as we study Scripture together that we would not find it to be a lifeless painting, but a glorious window into another world. To stir your prayers and expectation for what God can do through this series check out the below video from Desiring God, then take a minute to pray for our time.
Can't wait to journey into God's Word with you,
-Ricky Alcantar, on behalf of the Elders at Cross of Grace Church
More in Blog
June 29, 2020Read the Bible With Us in 2020
June 12, 2020Resources on Justice, Racism, Unity, and Hope
May 8, 2020Marriage and Parenting in Quarantine is Tough, This Can Help