Worthy Places to Invest in End of Year Giving
One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season as a family is where we help our boys plan out not only their own Christmas wish lists (which they do naturally) but also plan out some places we want to give as a family (which they don't do as naturally!). As we talk about it I love watching the boys engage and ask questions and pray about where God would have us give. It turns my own heart outward to see them care about others, even during a tough year.
We move from just asking, "What do I want?" to also asking, "Where can I give to others?" which is truly in the Spirit of Christmas as we remember what God gave to us.
As we close out the year many folks consider an end of the year gift or gifts. This year has hit many non-profits hard and this year a gift could mean more than ever. But where should you invest the money God has given you? We want to commend the gospel partners we already work with as a church to you as you pray about where to give.
Now, if you currently give to the church some of that giving goes toward these partners already--which is wonderful! But a direct gift can have an increased impact and while these aren't a substitute for partnership and giving in your local church, they can be a wonderful way to expand that gospel impact.
Here are a few places to start and some links to explore the organizations further:
- Rancho 3M -- Since 1969, Rancho 3M has been caring for and discipling at-risk and orphaned children from the city of Juarez and the surrounding communities along the border of Mexico. What started as a ministry to only the children of Rancho 3M, God has expanded to become a significant source of evangelism to their community.
- Pregnancy and Fatherhood Solutions -- Pregnancy & Fatherhood Solutions' mission is to communicate accurate information to those affected by an unplanned pregnancy and to provide them with emotional, physical, and spiritual support in a non-judgemental, compassionate and confidential environment. . They provide free pregnancy testing and other services for single, pregnant women and moms. Their program for fathers supports men with practical and applicable information about their role and responsibilities with becoming or being a Dad.
- Charlie's Lunch -- Charlie’s Lunch is a Christian ministry aimed at ministering to the world’s needy children and their families. Charlie’s Lunch partners with local churches to reach out to children and families in needy, underdeveloped communities. They sponsor meals, which include a time of teaching God’s Word, prayer, singing, and a lot of love.
We also partner with two specific missionaries in the local area:
- Rebekah Fogleman is part of the InterVarsity staff at the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP). InterVarsity is a campus ministry that courageously proclaims Jesus as Lord and Savior through discipleship around Scripture and by loving people of every ethnicity and culture. Their desire is to reach every corner of every campus with this goal in mind, "Change the university, change the world." Click here to partner with Rebekah.
- Dathan and Christy Nolt serve as missionaries at Rancho Los Amigos (RLA). RLA is a children's home in Juárez, Mexico that provides love, protection, a clean home, good meals and an education to an average of 35 children that have been abandoned, neglected, and abused. The goal of RLA is to “Reach, Raise, and Restore” these needy and hurting children. Click here to partner with Dathan and Christy.
Should you have any questions about these organizations please reach out to us! We're happy to brag on them and tell you more about the impact they are making locally and around the world. You can always see a list of current partner ministries and missionaries on our website here: https://www.crossofgrace.net/partnerships
More in Blog
March 16, 2023Resources on the Doctrine of Sovereign Grace
March 16, 2023The Spirit and the Gifts are Ours -- Resource List
December 24, 2022Border Relief Prayer and Help