The Bible vs. Grumbling
We all feel the pull in our hearts toward grumbling. If we're to turn away from that we need to turn somewhere else: the word of life.
Today we covered Philippians 2:14-18 and it's encouragement to put away grumbling and disputing. This week my heart was encouraged by this list of 11 verses from John Piper that help us turn away from grumbling and instead rejoice in God.
Read. Meditate. Rejoice.
In Scripture we find...
- The God who “works for those who wait for him” (Isaiah 64:4);
- The God who “withholds no good thing from those who walk uprightly” (Psalm 84:11);
- The God who “pursues us with goodness and mercy all our days” (Psalm 23:6)
- The God who “works all things together for the good of those who love him” (Romans 8:28);
- The God who “did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all, and so will surely give us all things with him” (Romans 8:32);
- The God “through whom we can do all things” (Philippians 4:13);
- The God “who supplies all our needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19);
- The God who “will help us, and strengthen us and hold us up by the right hand of his righteousness” (Isaiah 41:10);
- The God who “will never leave us or forsake us, so that we can confidently say, ‘The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid; what can man do to me’” (Hebrews 13:5–6);
- The God who “will complete in me the work he began” (Philippians 1:6);
- The God “in whose presence is fullness of joy and at whose right hand are pleasures for evermore” (Psalm 16:11);
Get in the Word: And if you're not regularly in the word, or if you've been inconsistent, join us in following the Read Scripture Bible reading plan. It's a handy app that will help you understand what you're reading and respond with a Psalm.
Get Help From Others: Sometimes we lose perspective in the midst of life's challenges. That's why God puts us in a Christian community where we can support one another. If you're not already in a group, find a community group and get plugged in.
More in Blog
May 12, 2021Spring 2021 Bible Reading Plan, Week 15: Luke 18 - A Persistent Widow, A Pharisee & A Tax Collector,
May 12, 2021Facemask Policy Changes
May 6, 2021Spring 2021 Bible Reading Plan, Week 14: John 11 - 'I Am the Resurrection and the Life'